The theme of the past month or so has been NEW, NEW, NEW! We put our home on the market in June, and in 9 days got a contract! Praise God! We closed on July 30th and now live in a different area of Houston, in the Northwest area closer to our old home of Austin.
NEW house, NEW places to shop and eat, and NEW school for Lucas! Here's a picture of him on his 2nd day at school. I think he feels pretty comfortable here, what do you think? He'd been completely racked out for almost 2 hours when I arrived and snapped this sweet picture:

Yesterday, as we were driving home from school. He's purposefully looking away from the camera; he's NEVER liked to have his picture taken! He's like Ivan that way; they can't stand for the picture-taking process to get over with!

Last one, this morning in his new Thomas the Train PJs we got yesterday. He's also got these GREAT new slippers from L.L. Bean. We had to order them for wearing at school, but he likes them and they keep his feet warm so I'm going to get him a pair for the house, too. He wanted to wear his PJs to school, but sorry, buddy, we gotta wear real clothes.

So, I'm slowly unpacking boxes each day. The process is VERY SLOW. I work from home several hours each day, so in addition to all of the normal mommie and wife duties we have, I hear the boxes constantly calling my name! :) Ivan and I cannot believe the stuff we have accumulated! We moved from Austin in 2005 with hardly anything. Add 5 years and 1 child and I think we have 3 times the amount of stuff! We are planning our yard sale for September so get ready to come and get your bargains!
We love being out here close to the country. For the first time, I have a yard I can work in, and though I haven't got much time to get out there yet, I have planted a few things and feel such pride at watching things grow and change. There are many new responsibilites to having a home vs. a townhome without a yard, but this is much more "me". Lucas enjoys being outside and pushing his big trucks around!
Lucas is talking a mile a minute now. He can ask entire questions, which I think is very impressive at his age. I can ask him questions, too, and he understands them completely and can answer. Some examples: "Mommie I watch Thomas", "Go school to playground?" "I want to go to church." "I want to go to the store", "Daddy is coming home work", "Mommie go to the pool", "Upstairs take a bath." Not only can he say these things but his words are becoming clearer so anyone could understand him!
Now that we have moved, and his school is MUCH closer to our new house, Lucas has a shorter school day so he can spend more time with mommie. I pick him up at 2:30 each day and we have fun in the afternoons. Right now it's tough because it's way too hot to be outside, but we go to the YMCA child care center (so mommie can workout!), to the YMCA pool, run errands, buy groceries, play inside, help mommie unpack boxes (which is translated as Lucas pulling everything out that I've already put away!) and helping mom with dinner. He really is a great helper for 2 years. I'm so happy about our decision to place him in a Montessori school. He's very independent, can do most things on his own, including putting on his pants and shirt. He's such a busy-body that it's best to give him small tasks to accomplish, like throw something away, pour rice into a pot for cooking or putting his utensils into the sink when he's done eating.
I'm enjoying spending more time with him and being out of the busyness of Houston.
So glad to see you are blogging again!! It was GREAT to see you all this past weekend! I posted a few pics..they were moving around too much so I did not get very good ones! See you soon!
ReplyDelete