Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October Already?

Hello!
Am I the only person that is shocked that it's already October? I cannot believe it. Where does the time go? It's already time to schedule holiday events, buy gifts, etc.!
The end of September FLEW by. I was working onsite with another client in Houston the week of Sept. 27-Oct. 1, and though the client was GREAT to work with, the time I spend away from my sweet family is difficult. Ivan was here during the mornings with Lucas (I left the house at 6:15am each day to miss the traffic) and in the afternoons I would RACE out the door in order to pickup Lucas as soon as possible! I actually did well to plan ahead and had lots of food prepared so I didn't end up cooking too much.

Lucas is keeping his KILLER pace of language development if I can brag! Here are the latest sentences. "What is that sound, mommie?", "I put it together!" (speaking of putting together one of his puzzles), "I don't like that song, mommie." So now we're getting five and six-word sentences. Of course I'm as proud as punch! :)

This past weekend we met some of our neighbors down the street, Eric and Lisa and their 5 children! She homeschools (so many people homeschool up here!) all of them which I think is so admirable. One of her daughters is coming over tomorrow night to see the "evening routine" with Lucas, so Ivan and I can start going out for regular date nights. Here's a picture of him riding his new tricycle with their brood this weekend. They had a "Harley tricycle" which he loved!















This past Monday was exciting. Lucas got a visit at school from the Cypress Creek volunteer fire department and he proudly wore is "volunteer fireman" sticker all day. In the afternoon, we went shopping at Carter's for some new fall clothes and new socks. Lucas was very entertaining to all other guests and employees of the store! He was moving the steel clothing rack around the store (the rack the employees are hanging clothes on that are about to go onto the store floor), talked with several other children, and even found a pair of fireman boots he wanted to walk around in. He picked a HUGE pair and had to put them on. Here he is in the boots showing mommie the outfit he would like to get (never mind it's a 6-month size!):














Lucas is also getting very quick on his new tricycle. He's only had the tricycle for a few weeks now and loves riding on it. Here are a couple of pictures. One is of the little bell that he loves to ring. One day I'll look back on those sweet little fingers. Soccer stamp is from Soccer Tots, the soccer activity we go to on Saturday mornings at the gym.






Ivan and I are still praying about the job situation. I think we've made our decision, but we'll see as we continue to discuss this week. I know for me specifically it's scary walking away from something I've always known, but I have to know that if it's the right thing, God will make a way for this to happen.
Also, something I'm playing around with are starting a couple of blogs. I've always loved writing, and did quite a bit as a young adult but got away from it once the "real job" hit. I feel like I have a lot to say and share, and I am learning so much everyday about being a better mom, wife, cook, time manager, etc. I just want to share it all with others so I feel there's more benefit than just for me. I have started a new blog, check it out here. I also found a great website that tells you all about blogging, and I just started reading it today. I feel like I found a virtual treasure chest! Her blog is Blogging with Amy. We shall see where all this blogging takes us! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the Madrigals are busy this month! Hope to see you soon! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete